A warm welcome awaits at the Knowle Inn, dating back to the 16th Century,
it is ideally situated on the A39 between Bridgwater and Glastonbury in
Bawdrip on the old turnpike road. You can relax in the garden, enjoy a
drink in the beamed bar, or sample one of the many dishes available from
the menu and special boards in the restaurant. Other facilities include
a Function Room, Bed & Breakfast and Skittle Alley.
The Knowle Inn was the only licensed house in the parish
in the 16th century. It was held by one family between 1618 and 1657,
and was said to be used by travellers on the highway. It was part
of Bawdrip Manor until it was sold to the tenant in 1770. It was then
called The Bull but regained its original name by 1806.
The comfortable split level bar has ample
seating and features a selection of Real Ales as well as all the usual
beers, wines and spirits. Bar snacks are also available.
The garden terrace, surrounded by flowers and on one
side the aviary, provides a relaxing area for those who wish
to sit outside. There is ample room for families to sit and enjoy
their meals and drinks and we offer a barbeque service for those special
The restaurant area is one of the oldest
parts of the pub and dates back to the 1540's. It was one of the three
cottages that made up the pub and features an original 16th Century
bread oven. Meals are cooked to order and served throughout the week.
The restaurant is a non-smoking area.
For those special events like parties,
receptions and club meetings we can offer the use of our spacious
function room, just upstairs from the bar and restaurant.
There is lots
space for the kids in the garden and the aviary, chipmunks and the
fun tree provide a sometimes welcome distraction!
After enjoying an evening in
the bar and restaurant, why not take advantage of one the
comfortable bed & breakfast rooms that the pub has to